Report a Claim

If one of your workers is injured, you should submit a claim to AEU as soon as possible. 

ALMA members have available to them a variety of options for reporting their claims. On-line claims reporting is made available as a convenient service to our members. When basic claim information is entered into the mandatory fields, this information is entered into our claims database and an AEU Claims Specialist is assigned to the claim. You will receive email verification confirming claim reporting is complete. Additionally you may submit your claim via fax or email via the number or address below. 

If this is the first time you have had a claim to report to us and you would like to be able to report claims on-line, you will need to register for access to our claims system by clicking here. Please note, access is limited to one person per ALMA member and due to the sensitive nature of the data available in this system we must first verify all requests before approval. 

If you are registered, please click here to report a claim on-line.

Your Longshore First Report of Injury, Form LS-202 can be found by clicking here and may also be submitted via one of the methods below. Our claims team will then establish the claim for you.


Additionally, for USL&H claims, the Department of Labor requires the employer submit (via mail) the LS-202 form for any loss time claim – within TEN DAYS of knowledge of the claim – in order to avoid penalties.  The original LS-202 form and two copies must be filed with:

U.S. Department of Labor
Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs
Division of Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation
201 Varick Street, Room 740
Post Office Box 249
New York, NY 10014-0249
Fax: (646)264-3002

It is important to report all claims in a timely manner, so they are handled appropriately. Please note the U.S. Department of Labor, along with all State Workers’ Compensation departments (where applicable), have required time frames for reporting loss time claims or a penalty may be imposed. It is the employers’ responsibility to report these claims to the appropriate Workers’ Compensation department by the stated deadline. AEU will not be responsible for reporting claims to the U.S. Department of Labor or to State Workers’ Compensation offices.

Questions or concerns regarding your USL&H or State Act claim, please call 1-888-285-2562.