Effective loss control is the cornerstone for any successful risk management program. At AEU, we take loss control seriously and partner with our clients to provide vital, useful assistance to drive down accidents and control costs. AEU’s loss control staff is the most knowledgeable team of maritime safety experts of any USL&H provider. We have over 140 years combined experience in maritime safety and health programs.
AEU is dedicated to assisting our valued clients with effective loss control strategies in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. As part of your overall services package through AEU, we will assist you in the development of your safety process by providing information, consultation and systems that will take your program to the next level. AEU has a comprehensive safety training library available to all clients.
AEU strongly believes that valuing workers is demonstrated by respecting their right to personal safety on the job. Sincerely believing in this philosophy guides AEU’s loss control team in evaluating and training members to ensure worker safety, which results in fewer accidents and lower claims costs.
AEU loss control services include, but are not limited to:
- Benchmarking your safety program with others in the industry
- Management training in incident prevention
- Providing an outside, third-party evaluation of the effectiveness of your overall safety process
- Providing the insured with verbal reports and recommendations during the on-site inspection
- Providing post-site inspection surveys and recommendations
- Assisting in developing an effective loss control program tailored to the insured’s specific needs
- Providing or assisting the company with written safety and health programs
- Providing advice on OSHA standards and compliance
- Furnishing self-inspection checklists to assist in OSHA compliance
- Providing safety training materials
- Providing access to safety information that can be used for training, employee safety meetings and program development